Skip to main content

Introduction

Welcome to Christian Mom on Fire! 
I am so glad you are here.  I hope that this blog inspires you to see how Jesus is working in your life.  My focus is to share my experiences in life as a working Christian wife and mother.  I am navigating the world around me and am constantly reminded of how the Lord has a hand in it all.  Motherhood is beautiful but it is also messy and at times really hard.  We are stronger together.  My goal is to be real; sharing the highs and the lows.  I want to share how I am living for Jesus throughout it all, though often stumbling along the way.
I hope this blog can be a blessing in your life.  I hope it encourages you.  God Bless. 




The Lord will Fight for you, You need only be Still. 
Exodus 14:14

Popular posts from this blog

Salt and Light

Across the US, panic has been unfolding.   The Holy Spirit has been placing this on my heart and a fter the sermon yesterday, I was certain my direction for my blog this week had changed.    Americans seem to be falling into two groups: toilet paper hoarders and indifferent individuals.   As Christians, these moments can test our faith. I have been asked how I am so calm right now.   My calmness  has lead me to even be accused of not taking this pandemic seriously.   (Which, I assure you is absolutely not the case.)  I'm calm because I truly believe that God had a plan for my life before I breathed my first breath, part of that plan also includes when it will all be over.   As Christians we are not supposed to be a people of fear.   2 Timothy 1:7 Tells us that God has given us a spirit not of fear, but of power, love and self-control.   Because of this, I refuse live in a state of panic right now.   God is in c...

Forgiveness Series: Why I Apologize

I sit down on the couch next to my 5 year old, with tears in my eyes. I look her in the eyes and say “I’m sorry.”  She immediately says “I forgive you.”  We discuss what happened then we both say I love you and back to playing she goes.   I don’t always get it right.  I don’t handle every situation correctly.  Sometimes, I yell.  I yell more than I would like to admit.  Sometimes, I can't handle all the noise.  Sometimes, my immediate reaction to misbehavior isn’t what it should be.   I am not a perfect parent.  I screw up all the time.  My kids are not perfect kids.  But who is perfect ?  God. God is perfect .    Growing up I didn’t have the best role models for how to handle discipline.  I was a well behaved child. I obeyed. But my obedience was out of fear, not respect, love or the desire to do the right thing.   I can recall specific situations, moments from as far back as age 4 o...