Skip to main content

My day off

All 3 kids breakfast, teeth and hair, dressed. Ready for the day.

“Where did all this marker come from? How did you get a marker?”

Zoom meeting! Crap, my computer is still updating. Text teacher. Apologize. Only five minutes late to zooming.

I’ll throw in a quick load of laundry. There is a load in the dryer.

Just fluff it.

How did my kids make two loads of laundry in 2 days?

“Mom, I just peed my pants on my zoom meeting.”

Add to the laundry pile.

“How are you covered in glue? It wasn’t even your art project!”

“What do you want sweetie? Do you want Frozen?”

“Let it goooooo, Let it goooooo.”

“Ok, Frozen it is!”

That will keep her occupied for 5 minutes.

“Up, mommy.” Or 30 seconds.

“No, down. Let it gooooooooooo. Let it goooooooo.”

“No, mommy, up, up. Up. UP!!!!”

“Down mommy!”

“Up, up.”

Dryer beeps. I’ll just turn it back on for a minute.

“Why are you so cranky and drooly?”

“Oh you’re teething.”

“Eat, Eat?”

Is it time for a snack? Seriously, lunch time! Already?
What do we have. Quick. Easy. Sandwiches.

“Elly, do you want mayo?”

“What?”

“Mayo, on your sandwich?”

“Huh?”

“DO YOU WANT MAYO ON YOUR SANDWICH?”

“What is tomayopop mom?”

Nevermind. Mayo it is.

“Why is my lunch last? I didn’t want to be last.” Apparently my 3 second difference in delivery time is unacceptable.

“Mom, is there mayo on this? I don't want mayo.”

Doorbell. AMAZON!

Was that the dryer? Just turn it on again.

“Mom, you forgot our milk.”

Pour 2 milks and a sippy of water.

Catch the “all done” plate before it hits the floor.

“What happened to your hair?”

“Are your clothes wet? Is this pee? Did you pee on me?”

Add to the laundry pile.

“How about we just wear a diaper for now?”

What happened to my kitchen? I swear this was clean an hour ago.

“Girls, let’s do some school work.”

“I don’t want to.”

“I don’t like bread.”

“For the love, are you still eating? I thought everyone was done. And you eat bread all the time.”

“I don’t like bread now.”

“Well you will learn or no afternoon snack.”

Did I eat lunch? I can’t remember. Am I hungry? Maybe, I just need more coffee.

Buzzzz. Damn dryer.

“Mom, come look at my picture.”

“That is beautiful sweetie. You are such a great artist.”

“Mom come look at my picture.”

“Still gorgeous Emmy.”

“No, Addy, we color on paper. Paper. Not the floor.”

“Hey, come look at my picture again.”

Dryer buzzes again.

“Emmy, it looks awesome.”

Have I peed lately? Nope.

“Mom, come look at my picture.”

“It looks great.”

“Addy, we don’t climb on the table.”

“Is it naptime?” Please be naptime. No, it’s not naptime.

Patience. Deep breath.

Did I make my coffee? Yep! Oh, thank God. It’s cold.

Tired. So tired.

“Here mommy. I made this picture for you, because I love you and you are the biggest, best mommy ever.”

                                                                            ALL WORTH IT! EVERY... SINGLE...SECOND.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Agents Resources

Ready to learn more?   Below are several resources available to help you on the first step of your journey.   If you are on facebook consider joining the Be The Bridge facebook group.   Be the Church.   Be the Change in the world.   Be the Hands and Feet of Jesus.   Podcasts   *Scene on Radio-Season two "Seeing White"  https://www.sceneonradio.org/seeing-white/ and Season four "The Land that Never has been Yet"   * 1619   Online Resources, Groups & Classes   Be the Bridge https://bethebridge.com/   https://bethebridge.com/docs/16Tips.pdf   Books Waking Up White and Finding Myself in the Story of Race  by Debbie Irving https://www.amazon.com/Waking-White-Finding-Myself-Story/dp/0991331303/ref=sr_1_1?crid=35M7WZD8RVD7M&dchild=1&keywords=waking+up+white&qid=1591025659&sprefix=waki%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1   White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo and Michael Eric Dyson

Jesus over Politics

I wasn’t sure I was going to comment about the recent events in our nation. I have started so many blogs about the dissension in our country, but never finished. Felt lost for words.    Where are we?   Who are we?   What I am about to say may make some people unfollow me or angry.  But, if it does upset you enough to do that, I would like you to take a minute and question why.  If you are offended...does it mean I hit a cord?   Over the past year I have simply watched kind, loving christian people turn their faith into their political party.  I may have been guilty of this myself.  Politics has gone from something that people can disagree on to something that defines a person.       And before you try to stop me and say “well wait, maybe you don’t understand or know about this,” I have taught government for the past several years.  I understand the government and work really hard to know the facts, so that I can teach my students in a completely unbiased fashion.  I pride myself on the